Thursday, October 9, 2008

Angry white people!

I am loving these racist McCain - Palin rallies. As an avid Obama supporter (oh yeah, and black dude) I actually think that the vast majority of white America is 1) not insane, and 2) not overtly racist; And it's because of this that I think many well-meaning and intelligent white people are being pushed to the side of righteousness by their ill-meaning and unintelligent brethren. A lot of my (I admit liberal) white friends find these rallies terrifying. In fact, they seem to find them more terrifying than many black people who see them. We (black people) have known all along that America is racist. We deal with it everyday. It's just that finally, white racism is negatively impacting the lives of other white people. Maybe now we'll actually see some change. [Daunte]

No comments: